#106 Andouille Sausage
Did you know that Andouille Sausage is believed to have originated in either France or Germany? Now it is known as a staple in Cajun Cuisine. Coarse-ground pork, mixed with zesty spices and smoked to perfection.
Making Gumbo? Perfect, each link is 1/2lb and ready for your favorite recipe! Diced in a frying pan with some butter will bring out the spice. Or cook on the grill to bring out the smoky, juicy, snap that is a tasty option to any BBQ.
This is a fully-cooked sausage so only heat and serve!
Recommended Cooking Instructions:
1. Heat pan or skillet over medium heat adding a little fat or oil.
2. Once the pan is warm add the sausage to the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown. About 8-10 minutes total, keeping in to turn frequently to not burn the sausage
3. Can cover with a fitted lid to help heat evenly through. Remember, it is just reheating so once they are browned they should be hot and ready.
4. Guten Appetit!
1. Preheat grill to medium heat, takes about 10 minutes.
2. Once the grill is warm, add the sausage to the grill.
3. Keeping an eye on the sausage, making sure not to not burn the casing. Rotate using tongs every couple of minutes until thoroughly heated. Takes 10-15 minutes depending on the size of the sausage.
4. Serve immediately.